Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Origin of the name Sticky Genius

People always ask me where the name Sticky Genius came from.  No ... I don't think I am brilliant people ... actually quiet the opposite!  I do however have a lot of really great half baked ideas.

When my friend and I saw the commercial for Piglet's Big Movie back in 2003, we fell in love with the ad.  In the scene, which I posted below (I also added the clip, so if you have 5 minutes for Pooh, you can see the clip yourself!), the gang had come up with this "brilliant" plan to get the honey from the hive.  Pooh and his friends show a perfect example of a half baked plan ... good ideas, but they make a big mess pulling it off.  Whenever my friend and I had a "brilliant" idea we would always quote the movie, "We are geniuses!  Sticky Geniuses!"  Generally we had a few cocktails in us and a mischievious grin on our faces when we had one of these bright ideas, so you can only imagine all of the "sticky" situations we got ourselves into with our "genius" plans.  :)

Enjoy yourselves a little Winnie the Pooh ... it's good for the soul!





Watch the clip here or read the scene below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOKvcEaoYF4


Hello, there.

Tigger! Are you ready for the hive yet?

All I am is ready. Hoo hoo hoo hoo! How do I look? Hoo hoo. I mean, uh, does this log
make me look fat?

Ohh. Like the best honey tree that a bee will ever see. Ha.

Hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo! Oh, boy. Whoo hoo hoo hoo hoo!

Rabbit, what are you doing?

Oh, can't you tell? I'm lullabying the bees for our big plan. They seem to like Bee-thoven.

Eeyore, what are you doing?

I got to use my big voice... to tell the bees about the new hive. Buzz, buzz. Great new hive.

Tigger, could you tell me what you're doing?

I have to hold the fake hive hive enough for the bees to see. It's the biggest part of the plan. That's what Tiggers do best. Hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo.

You do seem bigger than usual.

Oh, hello, Piglet.

Pooh, what are you all doing?

Harvesting honey, of course. It's all in the plan.  
First, Rabbit will lure the bees with beautiful music.
Then Eeyore tempts the bees into their new hive.
Then Tigger holds up the hive for the bees to see.
And then comes the best part.
We get honey from their old hive. Ha ha.

Can I help you with your big plan?

Well, thank you, Piglet, but, um, perhaps another time. 

When we have a bit smaller of a plan... or when you're a bit bigger of a Piglet. 

I'm sorry, Piglet... but I'm afraid this is a very big plan.

Buzz! Buzz! Buzz! Buzz! Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

Places, everyone. I've gotten their attention.  Oh! Aah!

Great new hive.  Free rent. Buzz, buzz.

Oh, do the bees know the plan?

Piglet, don't get in the way of our big plan.

I'm getting kind of itchy around my leaves.

Oh, d-d-dear!

Oh, buzz.

Get the little guy.

Oh! Aha!

Ohh.

OK, Rabbit.

We're geniuses.

(The honey spills all over Pooh and Tigger, so they are a sticky mess.)

Sticky geniuses!

Oh, my. Oh, my. Oh, goodness. Oh, the sweet taste of success. Mm-mmm.

Our plan worked perfectly.

Didn't think it would work... but it did.

Congratulations to us all.


No comments:

Post a Comment