Friday, February 24, 2017

Green Sweater Dress

My Mother-in-Law found a bunch of this green sweater material at the thrift store.



I decided to use it to make a sweater dress that I can wear in the winter with a pair of tights.

I used this pattern, which I have used a few times before, but never with the sleeves.


Here is the end result:


This pattern is very easy to work with.  I took a lot in on the sides, so it would be more form fitting, since the fabric would be bulky if I cinched it in with a belt.  I ended up hemming the sleeves and the bottom, rather than doing a slip stitch.  It took a lot less time and it ended up looking much better, in my opinion.

I need to take this one out for a test drive, since the weather is cool.  
Who wants to go out for a drink?

No comments:

Post a Comment