Monday, April 15, 2013

Turquoise and Neon Yellow Dress

I'm working with more free fabric again!

Here is my color palette and pattern.

The turquoise is vintage.  I really need to get to know my fabrics better.  I think it's satin?


This pattern, New Look 6723, was pretty easy to work with and very true to size.  I didn't have to make very many alterations the finished piece.  I used the same pattern design as the one on the model.


Here is the finished dress on my girl.  

I had to get it a cute matching belt :).

It's dangerous having Target within walking distance of my home ;).


I didn't want to waste the vintage blue fabric by using it as a lining, so I dug through my stash and found this perfect neon yellow.  I was never sure what would become of it and I never dreamed I would find such a fantastic place for it to end up.  I love the extra color pop it gives the inside of the dress.  



Here it is on me.





So cute and so comfy.  I'm a fan of this pattern.  I will definitely be trying some of the other styles it came with.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I found your Blog throught Refashion Co-op...
    I must say that you are a very lucky lady!!! You have people giving you fabrics and clothes all the time!!!
    You know what? I am IN LOVE with this fabric and with this dress!!!! Can I be jelous?? You don´t mind??? This dress is PERFECT!!!! It would be perfect for me to wear it at my office!!! :D
    Ok, I will stop...
    kisses from Portugal!!!

    ReplyDelete