Friday, June 13, 2014

Thrifted Fabric Fun - Dress for Mom, Shorts for Daughter

I just finished making a few more pieces from thrifted fabric my mother-in-law sent me.

I made this cute dress from the same pattern I made my recent vintage stripe dress.  I like that the pattern works so well with such completely different types of fabric.

Here is the pattern:


And the dress:


It came out a little shorter than I like, but it can still be work and leggings can be added.



I also made some shorts for Aubrey from thrifted fabric.

I used this pattern:


And here are the shorts:

 

The inside of the fabric is fuzzy fleece, so they look super comfy.


Aubrey, of course, was not impressed.  The look she gave me when I showed them to her was not one of love.  She let me know she "will not be wearing these to school." 
Well ok then.
There is always the beach or she can wear them for pi's.
Silly little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment