Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring Break Sewing Projects

I haven't had as much "free time" as I would have liked to work on my sewing projects over Spring Break, but if you have been following along, you know why!  I did tackle a few things and my grey wool suiting collection is slowly being put together.  There are several steps involved and I am tackling the two messenger bags and the pair of shorts all at the same time, slowly working through the prepping, pinning, pressing, and repeat cycle.  The diaper bag I decided to put aside until I finish the other bags, so I can really focus on it, since I have never used this pattern before.  The shorts are a new pattern for me and those alone have been a challenge.

Here are a few projects I did get to that were on my to-do list.

I finished Bayne's shirt.  These were two shirts I put together into one.  He loves his Bowser is Cool shirt that we had custom made for him for free at the Wii Convention we went to a few years ago.  Unfortunately, the white shirt had gotten covered in stains.  I have had the red shirt sitting in a drawer forever and have been meaning to make Bayne a shirt with it, but never got around to it.  Looks like the time is now!

He loves it!  He gets very attached to his clothes, much like is Mama.


I finally figured out what was wrong with an old dress of mine.  This wasn't on my to-do list, but I wanted to wear it this week.  Every time I put it on something about it bugged me, so it hasn't made its way into my normal wear.  This was a thrift store find and I've had it for quite a while.  It fits better on me now that I have lost weight and I really want to wear it lots this summer.  I didn't take a before picture, but the waist was always off center and the dress felt crooked.  Also the straps on top use to tie behind my neck and it always bothered me because my bra straps would show off to the side.  Now that I have sewn so many garments I am better at figuring out how to fix things.  This time when I put it on I was able to identify exactly what I needed to do to fix it.  The elastic across the center waist band had gotten stretched out on one side making it pull to one side at the center, so I took apart the casing and put in new elastic and re-sewed it.  Then I made the straps into over the shoulder permanent straps, so that they go along with my bra straps.  I think this will get lots of wear this summer and the style is perfect, since the 80's seems to be making a come back.


I did finish a few work projects.  I got to work cutting up the rest of my hearts and peace sign fabric and turned them into ear bud/blue tooth key chain coin purse dealimabob things. 

You can purchase them here in my

Lots of color combos available.  They are fully lined and interfaced, so super durable.







I also made some cute little zipper coin purses.  Perfect for credit card, money, and random little things.

These can be purchased in my 



And here are a couple more smaller zipper pouches great for stashing little things.  

Also can be purchased here in my



Now it's time to try to get a work out in before my Mom comes to play with me and the kids!  Enjoy your weekend every one and Happy Easter!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment