Saturday, August 11, 2012

New Fabric Art Piece!

I just finished a new piece of fabric art and I wanted to give you a sneak peek! 

I have had the idea for this for a while and had sketched it out.  I finally pulled out my big box of scraps and started digging around for colors to match my vision.

I'm not sure what I want to call it yet. 

I'm thinking about "Messages of Love" or "Love Letters" Or "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" or "Love Waits" (although, I believe that is purity saying and I am ~so not pure~ lol).  The kids like "Messages of Love".  Let me know if you have any ideas.  I would love to hear them.





The idea or inspiration behind the piece is a story of true love.  The two birds, who were once together and free, are now separated because one was captured.  The bird that flies free can never forget its true love and move on.  Every day the free bird collects hearts (tokens of love), flies back, and delivers them to its love in the cage, so it never feels alone and always feels loved.  The two may be separated by bars, but it can't stop them from loving one another.

Just a little something in my head and now on fabric.

This is one I plan to sell.  I really want to keep it, but I have no more walls for all my art :).  I haven't decided on a price yet or listed it ... must take better photos tomorrow.

I hope you like it!



1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    This is gorgeous!
    So beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!
    Kisses from Portugal!

    ReplyDelete