Summer is just around the corner and I am so ready to enjoy some good beach time with the kids!
I bought some cool lyrcra swim fabric in Downtown LA last year with the intention of making a beach cover up for myself. I finally found a good pattern and got my serger all figured out, so I pulled out all the supplies and got to work.
Here is the pattern I used. $1.99. Can't beat that.
Here is how it came out!!
I'm liking it!
I took it for a test drive the other day and it wore well.
The pattern was super easy. My only issue with it is that they don't have you cut the skirt on the fold, so you end up with four panels instead of two. I don't really like the seam down the center in the front or back. If I would have planned and read ahead a bit I could have altered the pattern to make it just a two panel skirt. D'oh! Next time. I think they must have done it that way to save on fabric. I cut my dress much shorter because I barely had enough to make what I had, plus I wanted it short since it's meant for a cover up and not an actual dress.
I'm all ready for summer days by the sea or by the pool.
Bring it on!