Monday, December 30, 2013

'Twas the Night Before Christmas Game

'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the apartment,
The kids were so anxious to open a present.
Luckily Mom had an early gift up her sleeve.
One I worked hard on to be done by Christmas Eve!
I created this game from my heart with my hands,
In hopes one day this will be passed on to my Great-Great Grandkids.

Introducing Mom's handmade 'Twas the Night Before Christmas Game!


I found this great box at Michaels to place all the pieces in.



Looks like fun, I can't wait to dig in!


Here is a look at all the finished pieces laid out on the game board.





Rules of the game, printed on Christmas paper and laminated for long term survival.




Handmade spinner, also laminated.


The table cloth.  This is basically the game board and you start with just this and the spinner.


The plates.


Spinner (again).


Letter for Santa.


Gingerbread girls and boys.



Glasses of milk.



Cookies.


Candy canes.




 First time playing the game on Christmas Eve!!!
Aubrey reading us the rules.


Bayne taking his spin.


Our very first winner of the 'Twas the Night Before Christmas Game!!
YAY AUBREY!!!!
You finished your plate for Santa first!!!  


Our finished first game of play.


Aubrey "drinking" Santa's milk.


I can't take all the credit for this idea.  
I was inspired by this adorable game that we have and Aubrey loves.


And also this book, which has the patterns for all the pieces I used to make the game.


I merged the two and added a splash of my own creativity and viola!
The 'Twas the Night Before Christmas Game was born.

Every year I try to come up with a fun, new tradition for our Christmas celebration, as well as, sentimental things I can pass on to my children when they have children of their own.  Here are some of the other fun things I have made in Christmas past.

I can't wait to share more of the fun handmade gifts I made this year.  
Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment