Monday, November 26, 2012

Christmas Crafts from the Past

I pulled out all the Christmas decorations over the weekend and I had so much fun re-discovering all the different Christmas crafts we made last year.  So many new additions we added to the celebration.  I figured I would share them again briefly, in case you are inspired to create some of these fun holiday decorations for your home, too.  Just click on the link below the picture to take you directly to the original post to find out how to make it yourself!


















I also made some really fun Christmas coasters and braided bowls from christmas fabric scraps, but I never did take pictures or do a tutorial.  I will do my best to post those before Christmas.  They are both rather easy ways to use up old scraps of fabric and turn them into something fun and festive.  You can also use regular fabrics to make coasters and bowls that you can use all year long.  It may be more likely that I do a post using some regular fabrics, since I have myself pretty over scheduled at the sewing machine from now until Christmas.  

I've already made several handmade gifts for Christmas this year.  My mom is getting a couple things (I'd say, but she may read it).  I made the kids and I matching pj pants from fabric Coca-Cola fabric their Grammy gave me.  I made Aubrey's piano teacher a really cool fabric folder (I totally need to photograph this because I love it and it was SOOO easy to make).  It looks like a very large envelope, big enough for him to hold his papers in.  Each of the kids teachers will get a set of two of the holiday coasters I mentioned I made last year (I made a bunch - there are several on sale at D'Boutique in downtown Manhattan Beach!).  I have plans to do some applique shirts for the kids.  Aubrey already has two plain shirts in her closet - one black long sleeve we got to go under her halloween costume and a plain green t-shirt we got for a field trip at school.  Those will be transformed.  The black will have a fabric heart with piano music sewn onto it and the green will get a Creeper face (from Minecraft).  I'm going to make one of the Creeper shirts for Bayne, too.  I also want to make him a Creeper stuffed doll.  Bayne also has a birthday coming up and I plan on making all the kids my famous pencil cases for party favors.  I may be in over my head on this one.  Luckily we are keeping it at around 10 kids max, so it shouldn't be too much work and I have all the fabric on hand.  I just had to buy the zippers.  I would also like to make some more felt toys for Aubrey from my cool felt book, but I don't know if I will have the time.  We make gifts for the neighbors every year, too, so I have to make sure to save time to do that, as well.  I think we may make felt coasters for everyone this year.  I was thinking it would be fun to have the kids help me sew them and pick out the colors they want for each neighbor.  We will see .... so much to do!

I don't know how Santa does it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment