Monday, October 27, 2014

Pine Cone Spiders

This is a really easy, fun craft for kids of all ages.   I saw this picture on pinterest and I thought this would be the perfect halloween craft and decoration for our porch.  The kids already love collecting pinecones, rocks, shells, and sticks.  It's even more fun when we can find a way to repurpose them.

I didn't read the tutorial to make these, but I offered the link below, so you can.


We just bought chenille sticks from the 99 cent store, plus I had some lying around.  I had a stash of pom poms, a few googly eyes, jute twine, and a hot glue gun.  We cut four chenille sticks in half to create the legs.  I had the kids stick them in where they wanted them and I hot glued everything into place for them.  We then tied the twine around the pine cone and hung them from the balcony and staircase above our patio.  We added some spiderweb to the railing to make it look like they were hanging off their web.  The pictures didn't come out too well, but in person it is cute.  I saved a bunch of the supplies for the neighbor kids, too.  They had a great time making them.  We had ages 4-12 (and 38) :)  do this craft and everyone had fun coming up with their own style of spider.  Here are a few of ours:








 I'm not very good with the spider web stuff and the wind tunnel we live in hasn't helped it much, but it still works.  What I love is that these can easily be saved and used for decoration again next year.

Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment