Friday, November 18, 2011

Thrift Store Fun!

Every once and a while I like to go hunting through our local Salvation Army for something unique and cute to add to my wardrobe.  I found this shirt and fell in love with the fabric texture and color.  I love browns and oranges and this fabric was so soft and fuzzy.  Unfortunately, the style was U-G-L-Y!


I mean, who wants a short sleeve turtle neck?!?!?  Yuck!  My sewing skills are going to come in handy with this purchase.

I took one of my nice fitting tank tops and laid it on top and started cutting ....


.... and sewing ... and this is what it turned into ....


 I love it!!!  It's not exactly winter wear, but spring will be here before we know it and here in Southern California we always have random sunny, warm, tank top wearing days even in the winter.

I added one small embellishment that I tried to blend into the shirt.  Looks like I did a good job because you can't really see it in the above photo, but I added a little patch piece of a heart.  :)


I love making clothing pieces my own <3

No comments:

Post a Comment