Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm in the Mood!

I was feeling a little moody today.  Maybe it was all the commuting through Los Angeles I have had to do this week or just the weather ... but I found the perfect thing to lift my spirits and change my mood!

I have always wanted to go to Mood Designer Fabrics!  If any of you watch Project Runway, which of course I love, you'll know exactly what Mood is.  Every episode you see the contestants running through Mood and digging through the endless rows of fabric and trim to bring their design ideas to life.  I always assumed it was in downtown L.A. near the fabric district and never could figure out why I didn't see it on my trips down there.  Today we had to go back to Beverly Hills to get my daughters TB test read (signing her up for Kindergarden this week!!!  Hard to believe!)  I did a google search for fabric stores near me while waiting for the nurse at the doctors office because I really needed some elastic, but I didn't want to drive out of my way to Joann or downtown L.A. to get it.  I knew there had to be something near by, but I had no idea it was going to be the Mecca that is Mood fabrics!  

Instant frown turned upside down!

Welcome to Mood!  Right on Pico and La Cienega Blvd.  Sweet!


So over whelming!


Aubrey found a beautiful pink fabric with yellow hearts she wants for her kids :).  I want it for myself!  


What wool?  So in love!


Just some trim ....


And more ....


Aubrey next to the feather fabric!  No they aren't boa's ... they are huge yards of feathers on netting fabric


Me in the wool ... I had to leave with some.


My first Mood purchase ... $50 friggin dollars!  EEK!  It is really nice thin stretch wool sweater material.  Plus some thread and the yard of elastic I initially came in for :).  Oops.  



My bag :)  I don't know why, but I think it is so cool.


I am inspired by this shirt below ... 


I don't know that I will make the exact same shirt, but this is my inspiration.  Who knows, I may go toward skirt, but I would LOVE to rock a shirt like this for the Pato Banton show I'm going to on Saturday.  :)

Feeling Irie!  Nothing like a trip to Mood to turn my mood around!


No comments:

Post a Comment