Monday, January 9, 2012

Spreading A Little Peace

Did any of you buy some of the new LED Christmas lights this year?  I bought two strands, thinking they might be fun to hang in the living room as mood lighting.  As soon as I hung them up, before even turning them on, it was so "college days" it just wasn't going to happen.  I thought it would be fun to leave them up through the holidays, until ... I turned them on.  They give me a headache!  They have the worst strobe light, florescent light feel to them.  I feel like I'm going to have a seizure when they are on ... lol.  I started thinking of something fun I could do with them to help tone down the strobe.

At first I thought I could make a cool peace sign for the inside of the house, but even after it was finished, the lights still bugged me.  I decided to put them outside on the porch and spread peace to the world :).  And add a little mood lighting to the outside patio!

Here's how it came together:
(still working with only an iPhone camera, so the pictures are what they are)


Evil LED lights and bendable wire shaped into a peace sign

Wrapped with jute twine

Hung up under the stair case above my patio during the day

Patio at night

PEACE!



No comments:

Post a Comment